Galvin Flying is a FAA Approved Part 141 Flight School that can also customize a Part 61 training program to meet your needs.
We pride ourselves in producing some of the safest, most competent pilots in the industry. Our FAR Part 141 courses include:
- Ground Schools for various certificates
- Private Pilot Airplane
- Instrument Rating Airplane
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine Land
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Multi Engine Land
- Certificated Flight Instructor Airplane Single Engine Land
- Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Multi Engine Land
- Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane
We have the ability to conduct training for the previous courses under Part 61 as well. In addition to the training courses listed above, we can provide training for the following:
- Flight Reviews
- Instrument Proficiency
- High-Perfomance Aircraft Training
- Complex Aircraft Training
- Advanced Avionics and Autopilot Training
- Mountain Flying
- Airline Transport Pilot training
- Interview Knowledge and Skill Preparation
- On-site Ground Schools
Private Pilot Certificate
Earning a private pilot certificate is your first step up the aviation ladder. As a private pilot, you can fly virtually anywhere under Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and take passengers along for the adventure. During your training for a private pilot certificate at Galvin Flying, you will learn the fundamentals of aircraft control, navigation and communication, weather, and the aviation regulations. To complete your training, you must pass both a computer-based knowledge test on those topics and a practical test (flight check) with an FAA-designated examiner.
- Aircraft: C152
- GPS: $10,427 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $10,609 This is the minimum price for this course.*
For most pilots, adding an instrument rating is the logical next step after earning the private pilot certificate. About half of all pilots in the U.S. have an instrument rating, and it is especially valuable here on Boeing Field in Seattle. During training for an instrument rating, you’ll learn how to fly without visual references, how to use the air-traffic control system under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), and expand your knowledge of aviation weather reports and forecasts.
- Aircraft: C172S
- GPS: $12,707 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $13,715 This is the minimum price for this course.*
If you plan to fly professionally, become a flight instructor, or if you want to hone your flying skills and knowledge, earning a commercial pilot certificate at Galvin Flying is the next step after you complete the private pilot and instrument rating courses. During your training, you’ll add to your knowledge about aerodynamics, aircraft performance, weather, navigation, and other subjects. You’ll also master advanced flight maneuvers.
- Aircraft: C172S & C152
- GPS: $29,152 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $31,994 This is the minimum price for this course.*
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
Certification as an Airline Transport Pilot essentially signifies that you have earned a PhD in aviation. The ATP certificate is required if you want to be the captain of an airliner, and it is often necessary to fly as a corporate pilot.
- Aircraft: DA42
- GPS: $7,863 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $8,955 This is the minimum price for this course.*
The multi-engine rating is essential for aspiring professional pilots and private pilots who want to step up to more capable traveling machines. Galvin Flying provides multi-engine training in the Diamond DA42 on Boeing Field, a next-generation twin equipped with the Garmin G1000 integrated avionics system. Flying Galvin’s Twin Star is also great preparation pilots who plan to fly today’s high-tech “glass cockpit” airliners and business jets.
- Aircraft: DA42
- GPS: $9,890 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $10,802 This is the minimum price for this course.*
Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Training
Earning the certified flight instructor certificate is among the most challenging undertakings in aviation. If you want to become a flight instructor, you’ll find a staff of experienced instructors and mentors at Galvin Flying, plus the latest in flight training devices, computer-assisted training, and a fleet of modern aircraft that give you the experience and confidence to work with the latest technology.
- Aircraft: C172S
- GPS: $11,565 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $12,353 This is the minimum price for this course.*
Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII) Training
Most flight instructors add an instrument rating to their CFI certificates. Training focuses on developing your ability to fly and teach while operating under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). The flight training devices available at Galvin Flying make mastering IFR skills more efficient and effective, and flying our fleet of modern aircraft provides you with valuable experience using and teaching in glass cockpits.
- Aircraft: C172S
- GPS: $6,881 This is the minimum price for this course.*
- Retail: $7,403 This is the minimum price for this course.*